True innovation at its finest! This is the TARANIS recoil gearbox. It is much more than just a gearbox that provides recoil, this has a fully functioning bolt that is not there for looks but for functionality. In simple terms, we have inverted the gearbox meaning the piston is stationary and the cylinder (bolt) moves which has an internal face. The air travels through the piston and into the APACHE activating the nozzle and pushing the gel out. The average FPS is 320FPS in semi and full auto modes.
The bolt assembly weighs in at a whopping 130 grams and is made of 440C hardened stainless steel. The Rack is easily replaced and also made of 440C stainless steel which has proven to be ultra hard! The gearbox shell as always is made of 7075 alloy as is all other alloy internal parts.
7075 alloy gearbox shell including in the kit;
- Custom APACHE Tappetless system (7075 alloy)
- Integrated t-piece
- Piston Assembly (7075 alloy)
- Bolt and rack (Cylinder) (440C Stainless steel)
- Spring Retainer (stainless steel)
- Main spring (Chrome Silicone)
- Mag contact block and springs
- Suits V2 style receiver.
- May require some dremelling to the upper receiver for fitment.
- This is a simulation style gearbox made for realistic rate of fire ~ 18 rounds per second
- Requires high torque motor. Recommended motor is Warhead 20k Base or 30k Black
Typically for comparison a gearbox would cost;
- $240 for a Scythe gearbox
- $69 for the APACHE
- $45 for the adjustable t-piece
- $35 for the piston
- $12 for the cylinder
- $25 for the spring retainer
- $18 for the spring
So in total a normal gearbox with the same components would cost $499. For the same price you get a world first innovation of an inverted gearbox system with a stationary piston and moving cylinder with significant recoil and the visual pleasing moving bolt just like the real thing!